Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

International relocators - an update

After requesting quotes I received calls from moving companies. I found out that I need about a 20ft container for our belongings.

The more professional ones suggest letting their packers pack your belongings to ensure it arrives safe. One company dubiously suggested not repacking my clothes and just wrapping up my chest of drawers. The better ones also assure that the companies they are working with in the country you are moving to are their own men, or a from a trusted local company they have worked with before.
Doing some googling about the companies refusing to be responsible or behaving badly gives you some reassurance if the company you are selecting comes out in the clear.

I found a really helpful list on expat living Singapore. http://www.expatliving.sg/living_in_sg/moving_to_sg/International-relocation-companies-Reader-recommendations-6323.ece

Hope I can settle on something by end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment